Wednesday, April 24, 2024
Home Vacation Boy, 10, died after getting electrocuted at Blackpool hotel while on holiday

Boy, 10, died after getting electrocuted at Blackpool hotel while on holiday

by Staff

A 10-year-old boy died after being electrocuted at a hotel while on holiday with his family in Blackpool, an inquest hearing has heard.

Jack Piper-Sheach, from Grimsby, was with his mum, aunt and grandma at Tiffany’s Hotel on the Promenade shortly before 11pm on September 3 when he was electrocuted, LancsLive reports. He suffered serious injuries consistent with receiving a high voltage of electricity.




The 10-year-old was taken to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool but sadly died four days later. A consultant at the hopsital confirmed the cause of Jack’s death was a hypoxic brain injury due to prolonged cardiac arrest due to electrocution injury.

READ MORE: Driver of car that hit boy, 12, trying to run across M62 to go on trial

Join our WhatsApp Top Stories and Breaking News group by clicking this link

In tribute to the little boy, his family said he was “the life and soul of our family” and was “always laughing and giggling and putting a smile on our faces”.

Senior coroner Alan Wilson held a pre-inquest review at Blackpool Town Hall today (February 27). He said Jack had been on holiday in the seaside town with his mum Kelly, his aunt Katie and her boyfriend, and his grandma at the time of the incident.

The inquest, to be held at a later date, will hear evidence from witnesses including paramedics and medical experts. Eye-witness Karen Griffiths has provided a statement to the coroner, along with several employees from the hotel, the hearing heard.

Leave a Comment

Copyright ©️ All rights reserved. | Tourism Trends