Last week, The Points Guy announced that Fontainebleau Las Vegas is offering an “Elevate Your Status” match whereby they are matching status from other casino/resorts. When the news first broke, I wasn’t seeing the list of qualifying statuses on the Fontainebleau website, but they now list what will match where and for those with current Hard Rock Rock Royalty / Icon status, it will be worth doing this match if you’ll be in Las Vegas before June 2nd.
- Fontainebleau Las Vegas is offering a status match for members with elite status at competing casino loyalty programs. Now through June 2, 2024 you can match status in-person at Fontainebleau Las Vegas from several competitor programs that will last through 12/31/24
- Direct link to more information
- .The Fontainebleau Rewards ’Elevate Your Tier’ Promotion (“Promotion”) is available to new and existing Fontainebleau Rewards Program members (each a “Member”) during the Promotional Period (as defined below). This Promotion is subject to these Terms and Conditions and the Fontainebleau Rewards Terms and Conditions available at https://www.fontainebleaulasvegas.com/terms/fontainebleau-rewards/ .
- To participate in the Promotion, Member must have their Fontainebleau Rewards card (“Card”). Member must visit the Fontainebleau Rewards desk in person between 8:01 a.m. PT on Wednesday, February 7, 2024, and 10:59 p.m. PT on Sunday, June 2, 2024, (the “Promotional Period”) and must present a valid government issued ID and Card, along with an eligible competitor’s loyalty card with current expiration date. The name on the presented competitor loyalty card must match Member’s ID and name on Fontainebleau Rewards account.
- For a full list of competitor loyalty cards eligible for the Promotion and the corresponding Fontainebleau Rewards Tier that competitor’s loyalty cards and levels will be upgraded to (the “Tier Match”), please visit https://www.fontainebleaulasvegas.com/rewards/tierupgrade.
- To be eligible for the Promotion, Member must be a verified Fontainebleau Rewards member and opt in to receive marketing and promotional emails at a valid email address on their Fontainebleau Rewards account.
- Members may request only one Tier Upgrade during the Promotional Period subject to these Promotion Rules.
- Members who already received a Fontainebleau Rewards Tier Match or Upgrade between September 01, 2023, through February 6, 2024, are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- This Promotion may not be combined with any other Fontainebleau Rewards offer and promotion, including but not limited to the “$15 & $15” New Member Promotion.
- Members may only have one (1) Fontainebleau Rewards account. Duplicate accounts may be deleted at Fontainebleau Las Vegas’ sole discretion and any attempt to use this Promotion for multiple Fontainebleau Rewards account associated with the same Member shall be void and may disqualify Member from having a Fontainebleau Rewards account.
- Persons who are not legally permitted to engage in gambling, have entered into the Fontainebleau Las Vegas self-limit program, or been banned or trespassed by Fontainebleau Las Vegas are not eligible for membership in Fontainebleau Rewards and to participate in the Promotion. Notwithstanding the above, membership prohibitions in Fontainebleau Rewards shall only apply for the term of the self-limit or cooling-off period, if applicable. Credit customers must clear their credit balances in order to be eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Employees and their spouses and cohabitants, regardless of division, department, job, title, or status are not eligible for customer incentive and promotional items including membership in the Program.
- By participating in this Promotion, Member agrees to adhere to these Promotion Terms and Conditions and the Fontainebleau Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.
- It may take up to seven (7) business days for the Tier Match to be processed.
- Tier Upgrade will be valid from the date of Tier Upgrade through December 31, 2024.
- If the Tier Credit requirements for the Upgraded/Matched Tier are not earned by December 31, 2024, Member’s Tier on January 1, 2025, will be established based on the Tier Credits earned from the 2024 Tier Period.
- Fontainebleau Las Vegas reserves the right to modify (e.g., change competitor loyalty card(s) that are eligible for matching, change Fontainebleau Rewards tiers that a competitor’s card/level will be matched to, etc.) or cancel this offer at any time at its sole discretion.
- Fontainebleau Las Vegas also reserves the right to exclude a person from participating in this Promotion if Fontainebleau Las Vegas reasonably believes that such person is engaging in unfair, fraudulent, deceptive, and/or misleading actions, omissions, behavior and/or conduct, or otherwise does not comply with these Promotion Terms and Conditions or the Fontainebleau Rewards Terms and Conditions.
- See full terms here
Fontainebleau opened its doors last month and for the first day in business they were matching status for some members, but that died quickly. They are now back with a fully public status match offer.
Hard Rock Atlantic City has long been matching Caesars Diamond or MGM Gold to Hard Rock Rock Icon status (previously called Rock Royalty) and I believe you can do the same at Mirage in Las Vegas. I specifically call out that opportunity for several reasons:
- Caesars Diamond status is relatively easy to get through their partnership with Wyndham Rewards by matching Wyndham Diamond status to Caesars Diamond status (which is going slowly this year – I don’t think matches have gone through yet since the new program year started on 2/1). You can get Wyndham Diamond status by simply holding the Wyndham Earner Business credit card.
- Caesars Diamond only matches to Fontainebleau Silver status, whereas Hard Rock Icon status matches to Fontainebleau Gold status.
- Fontainebleau Gold status comes with a $150 spa credit for one-time use and $150 dining credit for one-time use (see full benefits here). Note that Silver status comes with a $100 dining credit for one-time use, but no spa credit.
The biggest roadblock for some will be that Hard Rock is apparently now treating the Icon match as a once-per-lifetime deal, so if you’ve matched to Icon / Rock Royalty before, you likely won’t be able to do so again.
It is worth noting that the Fontainebleau website lists a number of other programs from which they will match. One of those competing programs is Genting Rewards, the program at Resorts World. When I was there recently, I saw that Genting Rewards was offering a status match (I overheard another customer inquiring about it). At the time, I looked at the benefits of their program and didn’t see anything of value to match for, so I didn’t inquire about where they would match Caesars Diamond / Hard Rock Icon / Ocean Prime / etc (I now regret not asking!). That may be of interest since Genting Monarch matches to Fontainebleau Gold as well — but, again, I don’t know at what level they will match Caesars status at Resorts World.
Finally, it’s worth noting that terms indicate that match processing may take up to 7 days, so this isn’t something you can count on definitively if you’re only visiting Las Vegas for a few days. That said, if you are matched, that matched status is scheduled to run through 12/31/24.
Overall, I think this match will be of high interest to those who can match to Gold status or higher.