Ready for a quick getaway now that the hectic holiday season is finally over? BN offers everything you need for a weekend away.
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois, offers a blend of charming attractions and activities, making it a great spot for a date night or a romantic getaway. Here’s why it could be considered a fantastic choice:
Morning in Uptown Normal:
- Breakfast at a Local Cafe: Start your day at a cozy spot like The Coffeehouse in Uptown a delicious breakfast and a cup of coffee.
- Constitution Trail: Take a morning stroll and explore this scenic trail.
- Shopping: Vintage record shops, cute boutiques and great finds around every corner.
Midday and Afternoon in Downtown Bloomington:
- McLean County Museum of History: Plan to spend some time delving into the area’s history and exhibits. It’s a fascinating way to connect and learn about the region.
- Lunch: Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a local eatery like Reality Bites for delicious meals or Under Wraps for Acai bowls and fresh wraps.
- Shoots and Scores: The always fun to watch Illinois State University Men’s Basketball, who is 2-1 in the conference, plays Southern Illinois at CEFCU Area. Remember to rock the red apparel.
The McLean County Museum of History is a hidden gem! Each exhibit is like stepping into a time capsule, offering a captivating journey through the region’s past. A must-visit for history buffs and curious minds alike Plan on spending a lot of time there!
- Dinner at a Special Spot: Have a romantic dinner at a place like Biaggi’s Ristorante Italiano or grab a favorite dish from a huge menu at The Barrel House.
- Live Entertainment: Check out live music going on at Pour Bros. Craft Taproom or some good jazz at Jazz UpFront.
- Don’t Just Sit: BloNo Pizza Co. has a driving range at an amazing facility, great food and BloNo Pizza Co. was also voted Readers’ Choice Awards Best Place To Have A Cold Beer in Bloomington-Normal.
- Standing Ovation: Community Players Theatre current production of 12 Angry Jurors is a perfect option for theatre lovers.
- Nightcap: Wind down the evening with a nightcap at a local bar or brewery in the area.
Bloomington- Normals’s craft beer scene? It’s a taste of local love in every pint.
Breakfast: Local favorite Fort Jesse Cafe offers amazing breakfast dishes.
Afternoon: Watch your favorite football games and many of our great locations with tv’s like Gill Street Sports Bar and Restaurant!
Evening: Check out Bloomington Center for Performing Arts show Drumline Live!
With its riveting rhythms, bold beats, and ear grabbing energy, DRUMLine Live is a high octane musical roller coaster ride that is guaranteed to touch every emotion in your body. We’re back with a BRAND NEW show for the entire family and we promise… you will be on your feet by Halftime!!
The Bloomington-Normal area is your ticket to a fun-filled getaway, where every street corner holds a new adventure. From scenic trails to cultural hotspots, cozy cafes to lively entertainment, this vibrant city offers everything—it’s time for a perfect getaway. Bloomington-Normal to tailor your day even more precisely! Head to our Hotel listing page Hotels – Bloomington-Normal, Illinois (visitbn.org) for pricing and availability.
Remember to check for any specific events or shows happening this Saturday in