Holiday lovers in the UK have been urged to be aware of booking ‘deadlines’, which can often be set several months ahead.
January is typically the busiest month for making holiday reservations for later in the year and is often a good time to find deals.
As a large number of people plan their getaways, the holiday rental platform Vrbo has highlighted key dates to remember. Keeping these dates in mind can help secure the best prices on flights and accommodation, whether for trips abroad or staycations.
A spokesperson for Vrbo said: “We’ve all experienced the disappointment of finding the perfect home for your trip with family or friends – complete with huge pool, high spec kitchen/dining space and the right number of bedrooms – only to find it fully booked for the dates you need to travel.
“To avoid this, we recommend travellers add Vrbo’s book-by dates to 2024 diaries to make sure they get the best holiday home for their trips this year…”
Key booking by dates for 2024
Ahead of a busy holiday year, Vrbo has earmarked holiday booking deadlines to keep in mind. Booking after these dates may mean you end up paying far more for flights and accommodation than you would before.
Spring is a popular time to get away, particularly thanks to Bank Holidays which can extend your holiday without having to book off more annual leave. If you’re wanting to enjoy a holiday in May make sure you grab a deal no later than these dates.
- Easter holiday (29 March 2024 to 12 April): Book no later than 13 February
- Early May bank holiday (6 May): Book no later than 29 March
- End of May bank holiday (27 May): Book no later than 8 April
By far the most popular time to jet off thanks to schools breaking up for weeks and the superb weather, it can often also be the most expensive. To reduce your risk of over paying, take Vrbo’s advice.
- Summer holidays (July 23 – September 4): Book no later than June 8
Autumn is becoming a more popular time to go on holiday, as during these months crowded summer holiday hotspots cost less and often over the worst of ever increasing heatwaves.
- Autumn half-term holidays (28 October to 1 November): Book no later than 26 August
Whether you’re going away for some winter sun or hitting the slopes for skiing, it’s always wise getting your skates on and booking winter travel early.
- Christmas holidays (23 December 2024 to 3 January 2025): Book no later than 11 November
- February 2024 half-term holidays (12 February – 16 February): Book no later than 3 January, 2025